Friday, June 1, 2012

Why Kerry Cattle? Part 1

I have been corresponding with a Kerry Breeder on a beautiful farm in wales, the Cwm Gorphen Herd, pictured above. They asked how we got into Kerry Cattle. A part of the answer was opportunity. A  farm in Western New York (only about 140 miles away) had a herd available. They wished to sell the the Kerry Cattle in order to focus on their Dexters, Commercial Cattle and  many other endeavors.
The next part of the answer will focus on Why we chose the Kerry.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting the link to here. Looking forward to reading about the herd, the breed and more. Will your wife be adding her voice? I miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to learning more about Kerrys and Dexters. We hope to be on our new land by next summer and the Dexter is my breed of choice for our milk cow. I've just become a follower of your blog and look forward to your future posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Richard,

    New Beginnings are always exciting. Here's wishing you well with the Kerry & Dexter enterprise. As far as this blog goes.... you are the teacher and I am your eager-to-learn student. :-)

    Many thanks,

    Herrick Kimball

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Garand Gal-My lovely wife has done what is known as unplugging, except she watched netflix movies while she knits and emails family.

    Brenda, I hope you are on your new place too by summer. There are both Kerry and Dexter Breeders in Canada. IN fact, there may be more Kerries in Canada than the USA.

    Herrick, I think you taught me a lot more about than I could ever teach you.

    ReplyDelete